Saturday, December 27, 2008

Updates and 3D Ultrasound (It's a long one)

I hope everyone's Christmas was good! We had a fabolous holiday. I had to work on Christmas day...unfortunatley the babies do not get better for Christmas, so into work I go. It wasn't too bad though. My family did Christmas on Christmas eve and it was a good time. My wonderful in-laws came to my mom's house and we all ate and exchanged gifts. My mom and dad got Jason and I a video camera so we can videotape all the action that will be our little Carlyn. Jason's mom and dad got us a rocker recliner, chocolate brown microfiber suede, so that we will be able to rock our little girl to sleep. (I may be sleeping in it this in a month or so, when I can't breathe at all when I lay down). I am very thankful to both our parents for these gifts! We love them, and needed both! Jason and I are already looking forward to the day we will be able to spend the holidays with our little one! I came home Christmas night, and Jason and I sat on the couch, and there was a comfortable silence. I then realized, in a good way, that in a few months, our house will NEVER be that quiet again. It is an overwhelming feeling! One that I wouldn't trade for anything!
I am now 30 weeks. Only 10 more to go, and I know this next 10 weeks will go by very fast! In my doctor's appointment this week, she said I am measuring perfectly for 30 weeks! We ordered her crib and dresser, and are starting to paint her room. The closer I get, the more excited and nervous I get. I can't wait to see what she looks like and am nervous for all of the unknowns. I am also starting to read (by the dog whisperer) how to introduce the dog to the newest member of our family. I am thinking Rosco will be very attentive to her, but also jealous! I am feeling really good these days, and love feeling her move all the time. She is a very active girl! She has recently discovered my side, and loves to shove her feet in it. It is not the most comfortable, but I gently push her feet back in, and she cooperates well! It is amazing to feel her little feet, you can actually feel them! It's crazy. Warning, there is a belly shot below, and it is not small!

We got a 3D ultrasound last Friday. It is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. It's just a miracle to see this little girl moving around, yawning, smiling, sticking out her tongue, and sucking her fingers while she's still inside me. Technology has come a long way. The pictures are clear and you can see everything. She still looks like Jason, most people have been saying. Let me know what you think. I put a picture of me and Jason up when we were 5, so you can compare. I couldn't find any pictures of us as babies at the moment. Little miss Carlyn already has hair too. You could see it on the ultrasound, and there is quite a bit of it too, and she has 10 weeks to grow more!




















6 comments:

Cambri Taylor and Macie Michele said...

You're looking great! I'm glad to hear that you guys don't have the baby's room all ready to go...it makes me feel better about not even having started to clean out her room!

The Anders said...

You look great Lynda!!! I am so excited for you guys =) Those pictures from when you and Jason were 5 are priceless!! I LOVE Jason's smerk in his.. ha! Hang in there youre almost done, and I cant wait to come and see her room.. when are you having your shower?

~Tammy~ said...

It's going by sooo fast! I can't wait to see what your little one will look like! Those old school pics made me LOL!! I LOVE THEM! ha ha...

The Jackson Family said...

I love that post, it was so sweet! Babies just make me so sappy:)! I think she does look like Jason but i can't wait to see! You look wonderful!

The Banks Family said...

Love the new us pics! Wow only 10 weeks to go!! Enjoy the time right now.....you will soon be very busy!! (but in a wonderful way of course!!) Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!! Hang in there. She will be here before you know it!!

Stephanie said...

How cute are you! 10 weeks will fly by and the little one will be here in no time!!