Friday, March 5, 2010

She's 1!!!

I can't believe my little girl is 1! It's amazing how fast it really goes by. Carlyn is doing wonderful. She weighs about 22 lbs, and we were finally able to turn her car seat around (per her doctors) and she LOVES it! She is in the 90th percentile for her height! She is learning something new everyday...and still is insistant upon repeating EVERYTHING we say! Her new words include balloon, button, baby, hot, woah!, more, please, mine, and my favorite...CARLYN!!! She's so cute, she points to herself and says her own name! She is still working on the C sound, so it comes out Talyn, but it's pretty clear she's trying to say her name! She's such a talker! She is starting to walk a little more...but only from me or Jason to the couch or to someone else. She hasn't just taken off yet! Soon, I think! She loves to KISS everything!!! The dog, the cat, your knee, your cheek, her baby doll...whatever is there, she will kiss! That's my favorite part...I love the kisses!


I didn't think I would, but I had a really hard time with 1! Why?! I thought I'd be nothing but excited, but I was sad that I was loosing the "baby" in her! I cried to my mom, who then said "One day you'll look at her and think...oh my gosh...SHE has a baby that is turning one!" WHAT?! That just made me cry even more! It's not that I miss having A baby around, just her as a baby! I am so excited for the months to come, things will just get more fun and exciting! It's just hard to let go of that phase! Kindergarden will be VERY hard for me! These are all pictures from the last month!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynda! Carlyn is such a beautiful little girl! Happy 1st Birthday Carlyn!

Rondi said...

She is adorable! Happy 1st B-day Carlyn!

The Banks Family said...

what a cutie she is! I can't believe how fast time goes!! SHe's one and my little Maddy is about to turn 2! Seems like we were just pregnant!!