Monday, August 25, 2008

The Heartbeat!

Jason and I had our 12week appointment this past Friday. The Doctor said that everything looked good and then we finally got to hear the heartbeat! It was pretty amazing. Jason never fails to make me laugh when we are in the OBs office! While Dr. Damore had the doppler on my belly, Jason had to say..."Wow, it sounds pretty windy in there!" He's too funny, and that's why I love him! I cannot explain the feelings when you hear your baby's heartbeat for the first time! So, everyone is asking...there was only ONE heartbeat??? Well, yes...only one. BUT...the doctor said that even if there were two (or three, let's hope not!) that she would only hear one, because the baby is so small that it would be pretty difficult to decipher if it was only one beat or two. So, we wait again! But, wednesday is our first ultrasound...two days!!! We are so excited, and a little nervous. Working where I work, it's hard not to be nervous...I know too much! But, I cannot wait to see our little baby for the first time. I will update on Wednesday...with pictures!!!

4 comments:

The Anders said...

SO Excited for you guys =) Jason is too funny! Can't wait to see pictures of that little one.. hopefully just one! =) Do we really have the same dr?! Dr. Damore..

The Jackson Family said...

I am so happy for you, only because that is such a wonderful moment! Can't wait to hear about your ultra sound, so fun:)

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you both! The journey of pregnancy is amazing! Enjoy each moment! It goes by fast...even though somedays won't feel like it! Are you finding out the sex???

Honey said...

How wonderful! Congrats!! Um. It's been 2+ days since the 25th. How many are there? =) =) Update!!