Saturday, September 27, 2008

Updates!

So, I haven't written in a while. I know, I'm bad. But, I have recently just uploaded some pictures of labor day weekend...I know, a bit late! But, I will post those soon, along with those lovely belly pictures! So, we have our next ultrasound on October 10...this is the one where we find out if it's a boy or girl! We are SO excited, we can hardly wait. I'm not sure either way, I'm leaning towards a boy, but was leaning towards a girl up until 12weeks. So...who knows! Either way, we will be so excited and happy! On another good note, I have been feeling much better!
I have recently decided to apply to Missouri University for my masters program. They have a distance learning Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program, and for this I am grateful! I think this will help with a baby coming! I will apply in February and be done in about 1 1/2 to 2 years. Then...no more school! The program will be tough, I'm sure, but it is what I have always wanted to do and I am determined to do it. Even more so now, that we will have a family. This little baby is more motivation for me to go back to school and in the end have a better job and life for our family. I refuse to work weekends and holidays for the rest of my life! I want to be off and enjoy life with my family, and I cannot wait to be able to do this (especially since the holidays are coming up and I have to work Christmas this year...boo). I will continue to work, part time or full time, I'm not sure and where I'm not sure either, I've been thinking about this also! I am very excited to embark on this new journey as well as a little (okay, more than a little) nervous!
Jason has recently been doing some side work with one of the other firefighters he works with. This guy has a company that does large landscaping. Basically Jason gets to drive a tractor, mow about an acre or two and get paid PRETTY well to do it! He only does it on his days off in the morning and he's done by the afternoon! He likes it and he's learning a lot about owning large pieces of land (which just means he wants some!) The guy he works with has chickens, roosters, geese, horses, goats, and more on his farm! I got to go the other day and it was pretty fun to hang out with all the animals. Jason is doing all this side work so he can save to buy a truck! Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Save up, and then no (or little) car payment!
So, Jason and I are just trying to prepare for all these changes that lie ahead for us. We are very excited and feel very blessed to have the love, family, and support that we do!

5 comments:

standifird family said...

You guys have SO much going on right now! You're like "Spuer Couple"! But when is Jason cooking for me? jk

The Banks Family said...

hey girl! i just started this blogging thing thanks to Tammy ha! I am addicted already! Anywho, I found you through her page so I wanted to stop by, say hi, and tell you to check out my blog. NOt much on there yet but, I plan to spice it up real soon! Talk to ya soon! Tiffany

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are doing well. You're a strong woman! School and fam! Way to go girl! Best of luck. Excited to hear if it's a boy or girl!!!!

Farrah said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having! Then I can shop for you. Oh and Caden loves the picture of your dog. Whenever he sees it he is constantly saying "doggy, doggy...woof, woof!"

Liam and Lucy said...

Dog, cat, husband, career, baby, master's program...if it were anyone else I'd have to balk - but it's you we're talking about!

Can't wait to hear if it's a girl or a boy.