Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's Official

So, it's official...her name will be Carlyn Faye Newman! I am so excited to get to call her by name now. We went to the doctor a couple of days ago, and she said everything looks great. I am measuring perfect for 24 weeks, and the heartbeat is nice and strong. Carlyn is growing and growing, and we are getting more and more excited...and stressed!
We are starting to work on her nursery. Jason and I picked the bedding out together, although he was extremely picky and said that this was the ONLY one he liked. We are thinking about painting the room a tan color on three walls, and pink on the other. Then, Jason's idea again, painting dark brown paw prints on the wall! I think it will be very cute! We are going to get the bedding, the lamp, and the hamper, we are debating on the mobile. What do all you mom's out there think?!

I am feeling great these days with the exceptions of a few uncomfortable pregnancy pains. But, I can't complain too much. After working today, with an extremely sick infant who was born at 25 weeks, as old as Carlyn is now, it brings into perspective that the uncomfortable pains I am feeling are nothing. I can't imagine how it feels to see your one and a half pound baby lying there sick and in pain. It is unbearable to even think about, and my thoughts and prayers are with that family.

We are also starting to look at all of the different items we will soon need (sooner than we think)! I have been looking at strollers and travel systems. I have heard that the Chicco travel system and the Gracco systems are good too. I'm not sure where we are going to get our furniture at yet, but I've been looking around. I think I want the convertabile crib, so she will be able to use it for a while. I think I want the swing that swings both ways. It is a bit overwhelming shopping. There are so many different brands and items out there, I don't know which ones are better!!! Ahhh! So, moms out there, give me your advice. Which items do you love and would you not buy if you could go back?!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the bedding set! Way cute! I can't wait to see how it looks when it's done. I love the Fisher Price Rainforest swing. It goes both ways but Elijah likes it the rocking way best. He was able to use it early b/c it reclines.I can't really tell you the best stroller though. I got a Combi umbrella stroller which folds really nice but you can't use it when they're little. Some things that I loved that I didn't think I would was a boppy pillow (bring it to the hospital to help with feeding), an infant positioner (Elijah loved to feel snug in it), a wipes warmer (ok, so they don't have to have it but I really like it), and my moby wrap. Oh, also the ultimate crib sheet from Babies R Us. It goes on top of the crib sheet so if they spit up in the middle of the night you just take off the top sheet and you don't have to worry about putting a new sheet on, it's already there. I also really liked having a microwavable bottle sterilizer. It worked better than the dishwasher insert b/c I didn't use my dishwasher often enough AND you can use it for your breastpump parts. I could go on and on about this sort of thing...I just love the baby stuff and getting stuff that WORKS is a big deal when you become an overwhelmed new mommy. Best wishes in picking everything out!

Stephanie said...

I'm not a mom but I wanted to say what a cute name for your baby!!! ;o)

Unknown said...

Chicco is great. The papasan swing was wonderful. Mae is using it with Brooklyn. It swings both ways. If you get a rocker, get one that reclines! Get a mobile! ummm.. I can't think...I'm tired. But it is overwhelming what's out there. Check out consumer reports too! Best of luck. Sooner than you think that little cutie will be here!

Liam and Lucy said...

First, beautiful name. I'll prob call her Carly?

Second, we shld talk off line b/c there's so much stuff that I discovered is a waste. Save the money for college!

Third, don't buy anything until after your baby shower(s).

Lastly, cute nursery theme. Love the paw idea.

Liam and Lucy said...

Oh, and I say no on the mobile. Short shelf like. As soon as she's standing it will have to come out.

The Banks Family said...

Oh the fun times to go shopping hey! I agree there is so much stuff and it is so hard to decide. I found it helpful reading the reviews people wrote about the products. It gives you a good idea of the product and what people that have really used it think about it. I love the smaller more portable swings so then you can take it with on a trip upnorth or to grammas. With Cal I had a big clunky one and bringing it anywhere was never an option! I got a soothing motion glider for the baby it goes forward and back and also side to side. He loves it and it is roomy enough for them to be able to nap in it. Its great because it can be used from birth up to a while. Maddy still fits in it and he is almost 6 months!! Boppy is great!!! Love the bumbo chair for when they are older. I know this will be a while but, the rainforest jumper he loves!!! It is great and he was able to use it at around 4 1/2 months. Oh my opinion is rather then a mobile get another musical light up "thing" that can attach to the side of the crib. I have the rainforest one and it can do lights, music, soothing nature sounds. YOu can turn it all on or just one it's great and the baby loves it! He falls asleep to it! Stroller...I have Graco (for both boys) love them! Cute and trendy and user friendly! Just big and bulky though so hopefully you have a lot of storage space in the SUV! Well I could go on and on email me with any questions. GOod luck and Happy Shopping!!

Derek & Kellyn said...

Love the name! I'm so excited for you guys. You will LOVE LOVE parenthood. I'm not a big expert but a few things I loved are the boppy full lounger. Thats a must! Also, the bumbo is a great buy! For sure wait until after your baby shower. Good luck with everything!

Farrah said...

Love the name! Especially because it means something to you! I would have to say a must have...#1 get Lansinoh cream for yourself if you plan on nursing! A must! #2 I loved my bouncer chair. My babies loved it and would even sleep in it for quite some time. #3 I would say get the swing that goes both ways. I didn't have it for Lexi and bought it for Caden. He loved it and it made my life easier, especially at dinner time!