Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"They grow so fast"

Everyone told me that they grow up so fast...you just don't realize how fast until you have one! I can't believe how big Carlyn is getting. She is now six weeks old, and last time we weighed her she was 9lbs, 5oz. She is also two inches longer than she was at birth! She is in the 50% for her weight, and the 90% for her height! She is going to be so tall! About three weeks ago, Carlyn started fighting sleep REALLY bad. She would get to sleep and then wake up screaming. She would do this for three or four hours...especially in the middle of the night. I felt so bad because you could tell she was in pain, and there was nothing I could do to help. We gave her mylicon and it seemed to only help some of the time. When we went to the doctor, we found she had reflux. So, we got Zantac and are also giving her gripe water. So far it has made a world of difference. She still fights sleep pretty bad, but she doesn't cry and scream, she simply just stays awake and looks around, afraid she is going to miss something! She doesn't seem to be in pain anymore. It was so hard to watch her be in pain. I never realized it would hurt so incredibly bad to watch your child cry and be in pain. It broke my heart over and over again. She still spits up and throws up often, but it doesn't seem to hurt when she does...it doesn't even phase her anymore.

She is doing new things everyday, and Jason and I love to see what she will do next or what new face she will make. She loves her tongue! She sticks it out all the time and plays with it. She did this inside too, just take a peek back at my ultrasound pictures...she was already sticking it out! She is smiling all the time, and loves it when you smile at her...she intently looks at you and finally smiles back! It's the greatest feeling in the world! Within the last week, she has also showed us her laugh! Can you believe it...she laughs out loud...not often, but it's great when she does! She loves her daddy very much, and loves to talk to him and kiss him all the time! He has no problem with this, as he is totally in love with her! We've even been to the firestation a few times! Yesterday, she rolled over from her back to her tummy...I couldn't believe it. I put her in her crib, and she cried for about five minutes. When she stopped, I figured she went to sleep. Much to my surprise, when I went in her room, she was all the way on her tummy with her head up looking around. She was very happy! I am trying very hard to get it on tape...hopefully soon I can post that, however, she seems to be a bit camera shy. I am loving being a mom and I can't imagine anything better! Here are pictures from her newborn photo shoot, I couldn't choose, so there are a lot.

4 comments:

The Greer Family said...

These pictures are wonderful! She is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!

Farrah said...

she is so cute! I'm sorry to hear about the reflux. thankfully you got some relief though. I love the black and white family photo with the pink flower! precious! I want to see easter photos.

standifird family said...

SO gorgeous!!

You writing about reflux reminds me so much of my girls, but hang on because it gets better!
Call me anytime...it's not easy to have a baby with reflux :)

The Banks Family said...

she is such a pretty baby!!